Follow by Email

2.11.2013

Welcome Aboard!

For those of you familiar with my work, you may be pleased to know that you can now follow my work here at my blog, Rigel 7 Studios!  I'll post any work I'm currently doing, hopefully on a daily basis.

If you've kept up with my work in the past, you may know that I've always worked with older game engines like Mysteries of the Sith and Quake III.  Well, after becoming increasingly frustrated with the limitations of those engines, and realizing that in order to make my projects looks as good as possible, I've decided to move on to the Unreal3 engine.

I've been learning the new engine for about a month now, and I have to say it's been somewhat of a slow process.  Learning 3ds Max and the UDK editor at the same time is frustrating, mainly due to the new user-interfaces.  But the options and possibilities are amazing!  Things like post-process effects, normal maps, specularity, bloom, DOF, etc are all new to me.  Although it's been a tough learning experience, it's been thoroughly rewarding as well, as I unlock more of the Unreal3 Engine potential each day.

I plan on rebuilding all my previous projects in Unreal3, including the Virtual TOS Enteprise, the Virtual Enterprise D, and the Death Star map. But for the time being, I'm starting by constructing a new project, the Virtual Refit Enterprise (as seen in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan).  Stay tuned for screenshots!

No comments:

Post a Comment