Follow by Email

4.03.2013

Junior Officer's Quarters: Beginnings

First off, I quit smoking!  I was unable to concentrate on my projects the past week or so due to nicotine withdrawals, but 8 days in and I'm feeling great!

Last night I started work on the junior officer's quarters of the Refit Enterprise.  This is how the room was seen in The Motion Picture, but I will add more details in the coming days.  Books, cups, plants...the things you would expect to see in a living space on a starship. 

This, of course, will later be transformed into the senior officer's quarters with it's larger adjacent room.

More pics to come!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. Nice start. Can't wait to see your take on a sonic shower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and super congrats on the cig dismissal! I know how hard that can be. ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, good eye! I'm pretty sure the only glimpse we get of the bed on the Enterprise-refit was a sliver over the shoulders of Ilia and Dr. Chapel in the scene in TMP where they try to jog the Ilia-probe's memory by making her wear a headband. ;-)

    Is that part of the room extrapolation, or did you manage to score some other reference material?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the main reference pictures I used for the bed:

      http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmp2/tmphd0958.jpg

      http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmp2/tmphd1858.jpg

      http://movies.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/tmp2/tmphd1884.jpg

      Delete