Follow by Email

10.27.2015

Props!

For those of you that follow my TrekBBS thread, you know that I've been spending the last month focusing on props rather than environments.  That's because I've purchased a great texturing program called Substance Painter.  Here are the results.  I've built models of the phasers, tricorders, and communicators seen in both The Wrath of Khan and The Search For Spock.

We start with the phaser seen in TWOK.  This, of course, is the same phaser model introduced in The Motion Picture, but it was painted a blue metallic color and the rainbow colored buttons of the TMP model were replaced by copper buttons in TWOK.


For The Search For Spock, ILM built new phaser models that more closely resembled the design from The Original Series, with a removable Phaser I model up top.



This boxy communicator featured in TWOK isn't well-liked by fans, and is often referred to as the "sardine can".  I, for one, like the more militaristic feel it has over the more familiar TOS and TSFS design.


Again, for TSFS, ILM returned to a more TOS aesthetic, as evidenced by this sleek communicator.


This tricorder model is a radical departure from the tricorder designs introduced before and after its brief appearance in The Wrath of Khan, but it is nonetheless canon.  It is often referred to as a "heavy-duty" tricorder due to its bulky nature.


And finally we have the TSFS tricorder.  Also built by ILM to harken back to the TOS days.  It is perhaps my favorite of the props seen in both movies, and I own an expensive replica of it myself. 


Soon I'll be switching gears back to working on environments, first finishing up a new TWOK-style version of the Officer's lounge seen in The Motion Picture.  But first I'm going to make a selection of sickbay props.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. you can also download star wars ringtones here.
    star wars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ringtones for smart phones, funny music genres for you, visit:dowload funny ringtone

    ReplyDelete